Getting on the plane this morning was not as hard as I thought it would be, although my family waved like crazies until I had nearly boarded. Although I am sad to leave them, I am feeling excited! I think I would describe my feelings the last few days as how I feel before I go on a roller-coaster. I may get so freaked out that I have to be talked on to it, but I know that after its all over I'm going to want to get back in line and go again.
At LOC we talk to the kids alot about stepping out of their comfort zone. Well I figure that for the past few months I have essentially been just wallowing in my comfort zone. Its about time for me to practice what I preach and take a kick to the comfort zone. Like we tell the kids- "your biggest challenge is often your biggest highlight." Although... I think one of my biggest challenges was leaving my family, and I am not so sure about how they would feel about me considering that a highlight.
Arriving at pre-service training I finally felt very excited about this whole thing. Everyone was pumped to meet each other and it seems like a very fun group. Its weird to think that these 45 strangers will be come my friends and family over the next two years. Well we leave at 3:30 tomorrow morning so I had better say goodbye to wireless Internet and get to bed. The morning brings new adventures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment