Views and opinions expressed in this blog are solely my own and do not express those of the Peace Corps or the U.S. Government.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

In Guate!

I have arrived safely in Guate, ridden my first chicken bus, and realized that my spanish is terrribly rusty. Good thing tomorrow we start 6 hours of language class a day!

I apologize if this entry isnt terribly witty or well written. I am re tired and we are trying to get home before dark...Peace Corps rules.

Today we learned about allllll the bad things that could happen to us here BUT we also got to see examples of what we get to learn to build, like latrines, worm farms, gardens etc. So overall very exciting. It only sometimes hits me that I have actually started Peace Corps training and i dont know when it will set in that I am here for 2 years. I dont think i could have found a more beautiful country with more friendly people or a better PC staff.

Everyone is great, including our host family for these first three days. We have a 4 year old brother who is a clown and loooved the candies I brought (thanks mom), A 10 year old drama queen sister, and a 13 year old typical adolescent brother... aaaand a cow that i am going to wake up at 5 30 tomorrow morining to learn to milk!! and goats, chickens etc. All in all its like a typical american family, just in a guatemalan context.

Well the sun is about to set over the green mountains and volcano in the distance so I will sign off, but my love goes out to every one back in the states!

No comments:

Post a Comment