Welcome to my Peace Corps blog!
Here I will do my best to keep anyone who is interested (my parents for example)updated on my life in Guatemala. I am really not sure how much Internet access I will have, but I will do my best. I unfortunately can't take much credit for this blog yet- Eli thought of the title and Robbie made it look sweet. Thanks guys! To everyone else who offered up names for my blog, thank you as well. Ideas such as "Guate-Holla" and "Neo-Imperialist Guilt Fantasy" were considered, but in the end I am a loyal twin.
A week away from my departure-date my bags are (almost) packed with much less stuff than I expected, but probably more than I will need. Its been wonderful to have Christmas with my family and to spend time with my brothers before they head off on their own adventures- Wiley to Hawaii and Eli to Europe and Africa. Hopefully my parents' empty-nest syndrome will translate into lots of letters and care packages for me! As it gets closer to Jan 5th, I am both nervous and excited to see what the next 27 months hold for me.
I hope everyone has a very happy New Year and I will write next from Guatemala!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sweet blog. W00t!
ReplyDeleteYou're in Guatemala! Cray cray!
ReplyDeletelove your blog - will send link to fam - keep smiling!
ReplyDelete